Neridrive Inverter Motor application
We recently had an application from one of our customers asking for a single-phase variable speed drive and geared motor. We had the perfect solution and explained to them about our integrated inverter motor. The unit is available with single or three phase supply into a three-phase motor via a terminal mounted inverter.
Our customer agreed that this would be an ideal solution and ordered a 0.37kW 4 pole integrated inverter to be fitted to our RMI 70 Flange mounted worm gear-head. The application was for a grading drum and the integrated inverter ticked the boxes for both single phase supply and the need for variable speed.
The integrated inverters are IP55 as standard and available as IP66 on request. They are available in powers ranging from 0.09kW to 7.5kW. Single-phase supply is up to 2.2kW and three-phase supply is 2.2kW and above. They are electronically designed to withstand high temperatures, substantial workloads and strong vibrations. The inverter built into the motor ensures reliability, performance, control, energy saving and all the functions of an equivalent stand-alone inverter, but with the simplest of installations. Even though this is an ‘out the box’ solution, inverter readings taken and through the MODBUS connection, the absorbed current, voltage, power factor, speed, inverter temperature and the status of the protections can all be exported. This data can be used for managing predictive maintenance, giving even more benefits to the unit. The motors can be controlled via the on-board keypad or the analogue and digital inputs of the inverter. This makes it a very versatile unit, capable of being controlled locally or remotely.
Other benefits of the integrated motor are:
- Low noise
- Low vibration
- Improved efficiency of the entire system
- Energy saving
- High starting torque
- EMC for industrial environments (EMI filter)
- EMC for domestic environments (on request)
- STO – Safe Torque Off
- Speed setting by potentiometer
- Acceleration/deceleration ramps can be selected separately to prevent mechanical stress
- Quick change of direction
- Inverter box designed to take up to seven inputs/outputs for cables, switches, potentiometers, etc.
- Insulated electronics for PLC or control unit connection
- MODBUS module for connecting PC, PLC and control interfaces
- Programmable parameters
- Easy installation and use
- Automatic restart if the protection i s triggered
- Soft-starter to prevent mechanical stress
- Overload up to 150% of rated current
- Sensorless inverter control of f and V in SPWM vector modulation
- Carrier frequency up to 15kHz to cut noise down to the minimum
- Operating humidity from 0 to 95% without condensation
- CE and RoHS compliant.
To discuss your gearbox and motor needs, call STM Team today on 01606-557-200.